Lots going on in our little world, and it’s time for me to catch y’all up again. Hang on for the ride.
Women and Words
- Women and Words has booked a vendor table at the upcoming GCLS convention in Portland, Oregon. As of now, four of us will be there (Andi, Jove, R.G., and Yvonne). More details to come about this as we get closer, but for now, we invite you to come by and say hello.
- We’re adding a seventh member to our regular list of contributors. I’ll do a formal announcement soon, but just wanted to give y’all a little hint that cool things are going on.
Mariel Cove – Andi posted guest blog featuring Mariel Cove a few weeks back. You can check that out HERE. They are looking for some new author for the upcoming season. Here are the details:
Angels of Anarchy (www.AngelsofAnarchy.com) is hiring three new authors for Season 3 of our erotic weekly serial, Mariel Cove. Writers must be comfortable writing R-rated erotica and ready to bring diverse, unique lesbian or bisexual women characters to the series. Writers must be able to write on a deadline and work with an editor. Royalties are paid monthly on all sales of the ebook and print editions of the series. Royalty rate varies depending on how many 1500-word scenes you supply per week (one scene minimum, four scene maximum). Writing begins April 1 and continues through July 7. Find out more http://marielcove.angelsofanarchy.com/
Serious inquiries only. If writers have not been previously published, writing samples and references will be required. Make sure you have read Season 1 and Season 2 of Mariel Cove so you are familiar with the content, quality and characters of the series. You will be creating your own new characters for the series who will need to interact with the existing characters to dramatic effect.
Lambda Literary – These folks announced their list of finalists earlier this week. Want to see it? Go HERE!
Golden Crown Literary Convention – This year, GCLS is hosting their annual convention and awards ceremony in Portland, Oregon (my backyard!). Want to join the fun? Learn all about it HERE!
Also, GCLS is looking for donations for their silent auction. If you’d like to contribute, you can learn how to do that HERE.
Canadian Lesfic Site – Here’s a new website dedicated to discussing the work of Canadian authors. Want to check it out? Do that HERE.
The Liz McMullen Show –
- JD & Liz Talk – The Divine Spark and Inspiration
- Layce Gardner and Saxon Bennett
- Valentine’s Special – TT Thomas
- Valentine’s Special – Suzie Carr
- Valentine’s Special – Sheri Lewis Wohl
- Valentine’s Special – Patty Henderson
- Valentine’s Special – Jove Belle
- Valentine’s Special – JD Glass
- Valentine’s Special – Jaynes Pehney
- Valentine’s Special – Ily Goyanes
- Valentine’s Special – Erzabet Bishop
- Valentine’s Special – DL King
- Valentine’s Special – Diane Marina
- Valentine’s Special – Dena Hankins
- Valentine’s Special – Andrea Bramhall
- Valentine’s Special – Alex Tryst
- TT Thomas
- Pol Robinson
- Rebecca Swartz
The Liz McMullen Show, Lizzie’s Bedtime Stories –
Cocktail Hour, Conversations at the Bar
Cocktail Hour, Flicks and Swizzle Sticks
Ylva, Spotlight Interview
- Advertising Books (And Yourself) on Your Website
- Submission Call: Halloween Anthology 2014
- Online Marketing: Search Engine Optimization
- Spotlight Interview: Cindy Rizzo
- Online Marketing: Social Media Marketing
- Spotlight Interview: Andrea Bramhall
- How to Create a Goodreads Giveaway
- Valentine’s Special Lois Cloarec Hart
- Spotlight Interview: Sandra Barret
- Tips for Authors: Metaphor and Simile
- How to Create and Improve your Author Central Page
- Spotlight Interview: Cari Hunter
- Spotlight Interview: Sarah Ettritch
- Submission Call: Christmas Anthology
Calls for Submissions
Just a reminder to everyone, if you have an event you would like to have featured in our weekly recap, drop us a message. Just click on the tab up there that says CONTACT and fill out the form with all the important bits of information.