Sometimes writers enter a “meh” stage.
I’m in one now. I’ve been really busy with stuff that is not related to writing, so I’ve had to put the writing on hold for a bit. I don’t get too bent out of shape about that because things happen and you have to kind of roll with whatever’s going on, so the muses are on a bit of a vacation right now (saucy wenches) while I try to get things organized in a variety of quarters.
So no, I haven’t fallen off the planet! Instead, I’ve been
1. eating way too much chocolate in a futile attempt to stave off stress and PMS.
2. without internet for a few days, so I instead wandered aimlessly down the street, gnashing my teeth (not really. See number 1.).
3. organizing some crap at home, which is taking a major long time but it’s stressing me out, so it’s time to organize. And it’s been involving lots of cleaning and repairpeople.
4. crazy busy at work; this time of year is nutso in many quarters.
5. trying to squeeze workouts in but the increased darkness from our time warp hour thingie has made that difficult; may switch to mornings.
6. stressing out over Walking Dead (DAMMIT, CAROL, DON’T YOU DIE! are you listening, WD writers?)
7. see number 1.
8. pondering my next writing project, but again, the muses are on a little vacation.
9. clenching my teeth a lot, which generally means I’m pretty stressed (see number 1).
10. drinking wine a little more than usual.
And there you have it! Just curious. Which of the following ideas do you think I should write next?
1. a romance involving a conspiracy theorist and a politician. Maybe a really uptight politician.
2. a paranormal thriller where there really was a UFO crash landing outside Roswell, NM.
3. a paranormal mystery series that involves…well, I don’t know yet, but it sounded good at the time.
4. a sequel to The Odyssey that stars Helen of Troy and her girlfriend. And pirates. There’ll probably be pirates.
5. a postapocalyptic novel that has giant zombie rabbits.
Clearly, I need more wine and chocolate.
Anyway, happy Friday, everybody! And what projects are YOU working on? Or are your muses on vay-kay, too?