Hey everyone! In case y’all just came out of your cave to check Women and Words, let me be the first to tell you that it’s Valentine’s Day. Yes, that’s right, an entire holiday dedicated to romance and love. With that in mind, we offer you some sweet, romantic reads to get you in the mood.
- First up, did y’all know that the fabulous and wonderful Andi Marquette has a whole section of free short stories on her website? She totally does! You can check them all out HERE. Or, if you want to go straight to the sweet Valentine’s stuff, check out Floral Designs. It’s Valentine’s at it’s mushy best.
Lynette Mae, our resident peace keeper, has a couple of short stories available on her website as well. They aren’t Valentine’s specific, but they are still awesome. Check those out HERE (Scroll down. The stories are on the right sidebar toward the bottom.)
- D. Jordan Redhawk has more free short stories on her website than the rest of the world put together. Yes, that’s a slight exaggeration, but you get the idea. You can check out the entire list HERE. For a story specifically for the holiday, check out Slow Valentine from the Slow Movin’ series.
- R.G. Emanuelle has a couple of free short stories on her website, too. Check those out HERE. She also has this awesome sweet novella called Add Spice to Taste. You can pick that up for a buck ninety-nine on Amazon.com. Totally worth the price.
- Jessie Chandler doesn’t have short stories, but she has some fabulously sweet and romantic poems. Check that out HERE.
- And I (Jove Belle) have a few freebie short stories on my website, too. You can see the lot of them HERE. And if you particularly want the sticky sweet romantic one I wrote for Valentine’s Day called Hearts & Roses, you can read that HERE.
Finally, you may not know about the awesome list of free short stories that we maintain here at Women and Words. If you look up at the top of the page, you’ll see the tab for it up there. Or you could just click HERE.
As always, if you have recommendations for some sweet literary loving, share it with the rest of us here in the comments section.
Until next time, happy reading.