HI, peeperas y peeperos!
So yer friends at Dirt Road Books had SO MUCH FUN with the NaNoWriMo challenge in November that they’ve come up with another challenge to all you writer-types (of all stages) but this time, it’s a chance to get published with DRB!
The #mybook challenge!
And if we pick your manuscript out of all the amazing submissions we’ll no doubt get, we will offer you a publishing contract with Dirt Road Books.
WHAT IS THIS MADNESS, you may ask. WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW, you may also ask.
AH! Well. There’s a webpage for that.
But I’ll summarize here for you because we’re fancy like that and we like to share all kinds of information and luuuuv.
The DRB #mybook challenge works thus:
We’ve created several different book covers from different fiction genres to help give you inspiration for the writing of your awesome manuscript. The cover that gives you particular inspiration could end up being the actual cover of your book should we choose your manuscript to publish.
Where are these covers of which you speak, you are probably now asking. Well, you can find those at the webpage above, but in case you missed it
How the #mybook challenge works
- Share the #mybook challenge with everyone you know (okay, share it with other readers and writers. Don’t forget to use #mybook to start conversations and get advice from other writers and the DRB staff during this challenge).
- Pick a cover.
- Write your book. For the #mybook challenge, we are only accepting novel-length manuscripts of 55,000-85,000 words (original fiction).
- Edit your book.
- Send your book to friends, beta readers, the guy at the post office (you get the idea) for feedback.
- Edit your book based on feedback.
- Proofread your book.
- Get a friend to proofread your book.
- Submit your book to us by following our submissions guidelines.
- Include the cover from the #mybook challenge that you’d like to use for your book in your submissions email.
Now give yourself a pat on the back and let us handle the rest.
The #mybook challenge runs from March 1 to August 31, 2018.
All submissions must be received by September 1, 2018.
The winner of the challenge will be notified privately. All submissions will be reviewed and will receive a private response from our acquisitions team. We will announce the winner in December 2018.
There. What do you think of that? Spread the word! Share the luv! And make sure you use the #mybook hashtag to start convos and share all across this vast land and beyond on all kinds of platforms.
How was THAT for a happy fun times Friday? Spread the word and get to writin’!
Happy Friday and may The Force be with you.