Hey all! Exciting news from my little corner of the world. Dirt Road Books (that’s a publishing collective that includes three of your hosts here at Women and Words: me, RG Emanuelle, and Andi Marquette) released a fabulous novel about sexy dragon shifters called Fianna the Gold by Louisa Kelley. Because dragons! We’re in the middle of a blog tour that supports the book release. We’re giving away a bunch of cool stuff (see below) and stopping at a bunch of cool places (also see below). Before you go check out all that awesome though, stay a minute and learn a little about the author via some random facts and a Q&A session. And, because audio excerpts are the bomb, listen to the author read a little from the book.
- By the time I was in 6th grade, I’d read the book Little Women at least ten times.
- I used to live in the middle of the Tennessee woods on a famous hippie commune, called The Farm.
- I’ve been a vegetarian my entire adult life.
- I love to howl at the full moon.
- I was born in the Chinese year of the dragon. Of course I was.
- I’m a life-long, sci-fi /fantasy geek. All things Star Trek, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc.
- I’m a volunteer in a Buddhist world peace organization.
- I can barely swim.
- My author name of Louisa, is in honor of Louisa May Alcott, the first literary influencer in my life.
- I believe in kindness above all.
- I believe what my dragons always say: “It doesn’t matter who you love, only that you love.”
- 9/16 Dirt Road Books / Louisa Kelley
- 9/17 KD Williamson
- 9/18 RG Emanuelle
- 9/19 Clifford Mae Henderson
- 9/20 TB Markinson
- 9/23 Annette Mori
- 9/24 Andi Marquette
- 9/25 Women and Words
- 9/26 Caren Werlinger
- 9/27 Dirt Road Books / Louisa Kelley
- $20 Amazon.com gift card
- audiobook copy of Bitterroot Queen by Jove Belle
- audiobook version of Little Dip by Gill McKnight
- ebook copy of A Bittersweet Garden by Caren J Werlinger
- ebook copy of the 4 book series Cops and Docs series by KD Williamson
- ebook copy of Pleasure Workers by Annette Mori
- ebook copy of A Shot at Love by T.B. Markinson
- ebook copy of From the Boots Up and From the Hat Down by Andi Marquette
- ebook copy of The Potion by R.G. Emanuelle
Abbie is a compulsive jewel thief whose life hasn’t been making much sense. On a solo camping trip in the forests of western Oregon, she’s attacked by mysterious men and the event triggers a shift within her that she doesn’t understand and refuses to believe.
Fianna, Orla, and Guin are dragon shape-shifters living in secret in a magically hidden cabin in the mountains of Oregon. Fianna’s on a redemption quest to locate the rare human-dragon hybrid whose Draca DNA has been triggered and deliver the fledgling to the dragon community. Abbie is that magical being. With her two sisters’ help, Fianna must protect Abbie from nefarious forces that seek to exploit her, as well as from humans, who must remain oblivious to the existence of shape-shifters.
But Abbie’s a handful, as Fianna soon learns. Wrangling a strong-headed mischievous hybrid who has no idea of her own powers proves to be a frustrating mission. They have to move fast, before it’s too late and their secret existence, both on earth and in an alternate reality, is revealed by an unwitting baby dragon.
Abbie is hunted by a human who knows her secret, and something else that Abbie doesn’t even know about herself. Abbie has to come to terms with who and what she is, but who can she trust? When she encounters the three dragons, the events that follow rock the dragon world and threatens the safety of its inhabitants. The circumstances bring Abbie and Fianna into sizzling contact, and they both end up with more than they expected that day.
Throw in a conniving, thousand-year-old dragon with dementia determined to capture Abbie in Portland for his own purposes, and you’ve got…delicious, magical, dragonly fun. Everyone wants Abbie, especially Fianna, and it’s a race to see who gets to her first.
Louisa Kelley is the author of a series of well-regarded erotic paranormal books and urban fantasy stories, including the trilogy, Daughters of Draca. Her writing features fantastical stories of sensual romance, intrigue and magic, often with modern day characters based in Portland. ‘Fianna The Gold,’ book one in her newest fantasy series, has just been released by Dirt Road Books.
She resides in Portland, Oregon where, in a strangely perfect combination of rainy winters and urban skyline, her writing inspiration abounds. She’s also slightly obsessed with dragons.
- Member: Romance Writers of America
- Member: Willamette Writers of Oregon