KD Williamson is on tour! And today she’s here with us! Keep reading and learn all about her, enter a drawing, check out her latest release, Big Girl Pill.
A little Q&A with KD
- A writer of women loving women fiction
- A believer in everyone’s potential for greatness
- A wife
- A butch that doesn’t fit inside a box
- A black woman bursting with righteous indignation
- A non traditionalist who likes to shake things up
- A companion to an asshole cat
- An esteemed pug owner
- A believer that bisexuals are queer
- A superhero and video game geek
- A person who doesn’t take shit
- Someone who’s always willing to lend a hand
- A believer in loyalty and friendship
- All for second chances
- Horrified by all bugs
- A lover of a good steak
- A fair-weather chef
- Someone who loves to laugh and make others do the same
- Not afraid to cry
- Terrible at fixing things
- An individual who doesn’t like getting her hands dirty
- An ashamed and frightened American
- A triple minority
- A believer that transwomen are women and transmen are men.
- Sure that hate and ignorance is the bane of human existence
Maya Davis is done hiding. It’s left her empty and out of touch with her family. Now she’s a young woman on a mission: getting rid of residual feelings for her former best friend from college. Her plan is to put herself through a wringer by being in Nina’s upcoming wedding and burning away whatever emotions are left, so she can start anew. Her plan, however, has big holes, and everything she’s been feeling rushes through and leaves her thinking that this was a bad idea.
Nina Sterling is a work in progress, torn between being two very different things—the person others expect her to be and who she wants to become. For the past couple of years, it’s been easier to give in to her demanding, steamroller of a mother and her pleasant but controlling fiancé, but with Maya’s return for a lengthy stay in town, and encouragement from Nina’s hilarious cousin, seeds of rebellion are sown.
As Maya and Nina try to patch up the past and get closer, old sparks rekindle, and as they both grow into who they are meant to be, those sparks might just become a fire.
KD is a Southerner and a former nomad, taking up residence in the Mid-West, east coast, and New Orleans over the years. She was a Hurricane Katrina survivor displaced to the mountains of North Carolina but has since found her way back to Louisiana where she lives with her wife and the most horribly spoiled pets in history.
She enjoys all things geek from video games to super heroes. KD is a veteran in the mental health field where she works with children and their families. She discovered writing as a teenager with the help of her English teacher, whom she had a huge crush on. With her teacher’s help, KD wrote her first short story but afterward had a hard time finding inspiration. Years later, writing fanfic became her gateway into lesbian fiction.
|1/21||Dirt Road Books||https://www.dirtroadbooks.com/|
|1/29||Women and Words||https://womenwords.org/|
|1/30||Dirt Road Books||https://www.dirtroadbooks.com/|